PCMX™ Pipeline Current Mapper System
Enables pipeline managers to identify and prioritize preventative maintenance on pipelines.
Radiodetection’s PCMx system enables corrosion and Cathodic Protection System (CPS) professionals to evaluate the condition and effectiveness of pipeline coatings. Users can locate faults and holidays in the coatings, and identify shorts caused by contact to other structures. Our portable 25W transmitter represents a major advance in portability and usability.
PCMx enables pipeline managers to identify and prioritise preventative maintenance on pipelines; extending asset life by identifying possible sources of corrosion at an early stage.
The system can be used to conduct ACCA and ACVG surveys in accordance with ANSI/NACE SP0502-2010 ‘Standard Practice for Pipeline External Corrosion Direct Assessment Methodology’. These surveys, which may be conducted separately or simultaneously, can be used to locate and pinpoint coating defects or identify shorts made by contacts with other structures.
Removal of the detachable foot leaves a fully-featured RD8100PDLG pipe and cable locator. Depth of cover and GPS positional data is also captured.
Simultaneous survey option -User selects simultaneous or separate ACVG and ACCA surveys.
- Improved ergonomics - Receiver weighs just 4.9lbs (2.2kg), easing full-day usage.
- Removable foot - Leaves a fully-featured, premium RD8100 pipe & cable locator.
- One second mapping measurements - Saves time and money.
- Integrated GPS - Automatic capture of GPS co-ordinates on survey logs.
- Depth of cover - Pipeline depth recorded alongside current, voltage and GPS data.
- Companion Android App - Allows graphing on the move, includes walk-back and walk-forward.
- PC App - Offers improved charting tools.
- Peak+ - Guidance arrows for quick location, Null arrows to check for distortion.
- New Tx-25 - Smaller, lighter transmitter with rechargeable battery, ideal for distribution networks.
- Tx-150 - Transmits 19mile+ (30km+) signals for long-range transmission pipelines.
- Enhanced self-test - Checks calibration of receiver, giving on-site user confidence.
- eCert - Verify and certify the calibration of your PCMx receiver using PCM Manager PC software.
- Software and Apps - Mobile App for Android cell phone or tablet (data transfer via Bluetooth) .PC App for PC (data transfer via USB)
FIVE REASONS TO PURCHASE A PCMX
1. One Second Mapping Measurements
With each mapping measurement only taking a second, survey times are reduced. Integrated GPS ensures each measurement is captured with positional data.
2. Two Surveys in One Pass of Pipeline
Conduct both ACCA and ACVG surveys with one pass of the pipeline. PCMx pipeline mapper allows you to collect both measurement types simultaneously, reducing survey time and getting results faster.
3. More information at your fingertips
Radiodetection's Peak+ technology guides you to your target pipeline quicker while the compass display ensures correct alignment. Simultaneous depth and current measurements give you confidence that you are following the correct line.
4. Faster Results
A mobile (android) companion app allows users to chart results in the field, improving on-site analysis. Walk back and walk forward features gets you to your next measurements quicker. An additional PC app offers improved charting tools.
5. Improves Ergonomics
With a balanced design and lighter weight, (2.2kg, 4.8lb), the PCMx pipeline receiver is easier to carry over long distances. The convenience of a Li-Ion rechargeable battery pack ensures extended lifetime.