Supporting You in Safe Excavation
It's vital to ensure that utilities have been located and marked before proceeding with an excavation. Safe, responsible excavation reduces the chances of a utility strike and therefore helps protect personnel from harm, and safeguards buried assets.
So what are the best practices for safe excavation?
- Always call 811 before you dig
- Carry out your own safety sweep prior to excavation to verify markings
- Use the best available technology
- Dig carefully with hand tools around marked areas
- Always take the time to ensure ground has been comprehensively scanned before digging to ensure any unmarked utilities have been located
Refer to the CGA Best Practices for further information.